Font Quest

Discuss PC-98 software here.
Ileca

Font Quest

Post by Ileca » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:41 pm

I need some fonts related to PC98 games and I would be glad if you could help me:
-identifying them (cool)
-link me to a .ttf (exactly what I want)
Apparently, you can use mk98font to build them but I have no idea how to use that software.

I will use the hiragana い (x6 zoom next to x1) as a reference but also post examples of games using the wanted font.

It is the most common font used by Neko Project, afaik. If I play 2 Shot Diary, this font shows up in NP, but not in Anex86 where it uses MS Gothic. I thought it was the system default font instead of a custom one but, then, I looked at FONT.BMP inside the Anex86 folder and it is another one... To add to the mystery, if I use Peropero Candy (used as an example below), both NP and Anex use this font even though the game is from the same developer as 2 Shot Diary.
Well, it's my priority target.

pc98_i.png
pc98_i.png (344 Bytes) Viewed 1229 times
DOR
dor_pc98.png
dor_pc98.png (3.31 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Peropero Candy, bigger size so one pixel fatter
ppc_pc98.PNG
ppc_pc98.PNG (2.62 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

This time, it's the most common font used for PC88 ports (I am cheating) using NP, and M88 of course.
pc9888_i.png
pc9888_i.png (293 Bytes) Viewed 1229 times
Tokyo Nanpa Street (yes, using M88 but I have reached the limit for attachments and this screen has a lot of text and Hokkaido Rensa Satsujin on PC98 is the same)
tokyo_nanpa_street.png
tokyo_nanpa_street.png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
In that treasure hunting, you get 10 points if you find one chest.
Thanks.